Cyber Security Incident Response
Time & Location
About The Course
Course attendees will learn how to gather the information required to handle an incident; realise the importance of having and following pre-defined CSIRT policies and procedures; understand the technical issues relating to commonly reported attack types; perform analysis and response tasks for various sample incidents; apply critical thinking skills in responding to incidents, and identify potential problems to avoid while taking part in CSIRT work. The course incorporates interactive instruction, practical exercises, and role playing.
The course is designed to provide insight into the work that an incident handler may perform. It will provide an overview of the incident handling arena, including CSIRT services, intruder threats, and the nature of incident response activities.
This 1-day course is for staff who have little or no incident handling experience. It provides a basic introduction to the main incident handling tasks and critical thinking skills that will help an incident handler perform their daily work. It is recommended to those new to incident handling work. Attendees have the opportunity to participate in sample incidents that they might face on a day-to-day basis.
- Staff with little or no incident handling experience
- Experienced incident handling staff who would like to improve processes and skill sets against best practices
- Anyone who would like to learn about basic incident handling functions and activities
This course will help participants to
- Recognise the importance of following well-defined processes, policies, and procedures
- Understand the technical, communication, and coordination issues involved in providing a CSIRT service
- Critically analyse and assess the impact of computer security incidents
- Effectively build and coordinate response strategies for various types of computer security incidents
AUD $795 + GST per ticket