Cyber Security Risk Management and Cyber Awareness Course
Time & Location
About The Course
In this One-day course, participants learn to perform information security risk assessments. Our approach provides organisations with a comprehensive methodology that focuses on information assets in their operational context.
Throughout the course, you will participate in in-class exercises, and discussions, which includes activities for risk identification, analysis, and response.
After completing the course, attendees will be able to:
- Gather and organise risk information via interviews, documentation reviews, and technical analysis
- Create risk evaluation criteria
- Identify, analyse and prioritise information security risks
- Improve vulnerability management activities by viewing them in a risk context
- Understand why managing operational risk is important to managing enterprise risk
- Develop risk response strategies appropriate for the organisation's business requirements
By focusing on operational risks to information assets, participants learn to view risk assessment in the context of the organisation's strategic objectives and risk tolerances.
- Individuals who want to learn how to manage Cyber risks and maybe perform their own in house risk assessments
- People who want to be more Cyber aware without being technically focussed.
This course will help participants to:
- Gain a foundational overview of the various elements of operational risk
- Make the connection between information security, business continuity, IT operations and operational risk management
- Obtain a working knowledge of operational risk, threat, vulnerabilities, impact, services, and their related assets
- Understand the purpose of a structured risk management approach
- Understand what is required to prepare an organisation for a risk assessment
- Become Cyber Savy.